Layered Crab Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 2 cups (1/2 pound) fresh pea pods, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups chopped red peppers
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1-1/2 cups crabmeat or 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Sweet red pepper rings
- Fresh dill sprigs
- In a 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl, layer the lettuce, pea pods, chopped peppers, cucumber and crab. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar and dill; spread over crab. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Garnish with pepper rings and dill.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 180 calories, 11g fat (0 saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 3, 2018
This salad is amazing! I doubled the recipe for a 13x9-inch pan since I wanted to take it to a family gathering. Instead of using pea pods, I substituted frozen peas (which I thawed and cooked) and topped the salad with shredded Dill Havarti cheese. Everyone enjoyed it and I'll definitely be making this again!