Layered Crab Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 2 cups (1/2 pound) fresh pea pods, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups chopped red peppers
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1-1/2 cups crabmeat or 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Sweet red pepper rings
- Fresh dill sprigs
- In a 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl, layer the lettuce, pea pods, chopped peppers, cucumber and crab. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar and dill; spread over crab. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Garnish with pepper rings and dill.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 180 calories, 11g fat (0 saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 meat, 1 fat.
Jan 3, 2018
This salad is amazing! I doubled the recipe for a 13x9-inch pan since I wanted to take it to a family gathering. Instead of using pea pods, I substituted frozen peas (which I thawed and cooked) and topped the salad with shredded Dill Havarti cheese. Everyone enjoyed it and I'll definitely be making this again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.