Layered Coffee Ice Cream Dessert
Family and Friends won't believe it when you tell them this attractive layered dessert has only four ingredients. Our Test Kitchen home economists created this make-ahead recipe with your busy day in mind.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 27 Oreo cookies, crushed (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 cup prepared chocolate frosting
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans, fresh mint leaves, warm caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9x5-in. loaf pan with heavy-duty foil. In a large bowl, combine the crushed cookies and butter until crumbly. Press half of the cookie mixture into the prepared pan. Gently spread half of the ice cream over the crumbs. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spread frosting over the top. Spread remaining ice cream over frosting and sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture and press down lightly. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Invert dessert onto a serving platter. Discard foil. Garnish with coffee beans and mint if desired. Cut into slices. Serve with caramel topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 456 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 24, 2010
Where does other half of ice cream go? I assume between frosting and remaining cookie crumb mixture. Please clarify. It sounds great and I want to try it ASAP/ Thanks, Ann. St. Augustine, FL