- 27 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 5 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 cup prepared chocolate frosting
- Chocolate covered coffee beans, mint leaves and warm caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with heavy duty foil. In a bowl, combine the crushed cookies and butter. Press half of the cookie mixture into the prepared pan. Gently spread half of the ice cream over the crumbs. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread frosting over the top. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture and press down lightly. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Invert dessert onto a serving platter. Discard foil. Garnish with coffee beans and mint if desired. Cut into slices. Serve with caramel topping if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forLayered Coffee Ice Cream Dessert
"Where does other half of ice cream go? I assume between frosting and remaining cookie crumb mixture. Please clarify. It sounds great and I want to try it ASAP/ Thanks, Ann. St. Augustine, FL"