Folks will save room for dessert when these bars are part of the menu. They're chock-full of fun ingredients like chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts.
Recommended: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Candied fruit, optional
- Combine butter and crumbs in an 8-in. square baking dish; press down to form a crust. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut. Pour milk over all. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Decorate with candied fruit if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Layered Coconut Bars in Country Woman November/December 1994, p37
Reviews forLayered Coconut Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review