- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- BERRY LAYER:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Whipped topping, optional
- Dissolve lime gelatin in boiling water; stir in pineapple juice. Stir in pineapple. Pour into an 11x7-in. dish; refrigerate until set.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Transfer to a small bowl. Beat in cream cheese and milk until smooth. Spread over lime layer; refrigerate until set.
- Dissolve strawberry gelatin in boiling water; stir in cranberry sauce. Cool for 10 minutes. Carefully spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
- Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forLayered Christmas Gelatin
"This was a relatively easy recipe with great results! The middle layer is a nice balance for the sweeter top and bottom layers. I served it as a salad on a bed of red lettuce with a small dollop of whipped topping. It was as tasty as it was attractive. Thank you, Diane, for providing the recipe for a lovely Christmas salad."
"I love holiday recipes that are festive looking and can be prepared ahead of time. This one is both! I didn't have strawberry jello so I substituted cherry. It was delicious!"
"easy to make, Pretty, and Delicious."
"In the early 60's my mom made a 3 layer Christmas jello with lime jello on the bottom, cherry jello on the top. The middle layer had cream cheese, whipped cream, lemon jello, and crushed pineapple. Does anyone have this recipe?"
"Everyone love this at Christmas.."
"To the person who said the middle layer was less than bland... you didn't make it right! This is delicious... good any time of year!! Before my mom passed away, this was a part of every Christmas and Thanksgiving... the ONLY difference was that she used bananas in the red layer, not cranberries. DELICIOUS!!!!! Nice and cool in the summer!!"
"How often do you make a jello salad that is beautiful and delicious? Try this; you'll love it."
"This is not only a beautiful dish. It is delicious! I dont like really sweet desserts, this is perfect."
"I don't care for cranberry sauce but this recipe was delicious. I felt it needed the whipped topping but next time I'll try adding 1/2 cup powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture."