Layered Chocolate Marshmallow Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, divided
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (16.30 ounces) chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 10 large marshmallows
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt 1 cup butter; stir in 1/2 cup cocoa until smooth. Remove from heat. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Beat in cocoa mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, heat peanut butter, uncovered, on high until softened, about 30 seconds. Stir and spread over warm brownies. Refrigerate until peanut butter is set, about 45 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine milk, marshmallows, remaining cocoa and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter and marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forLayered Chocolate Marshmallow Peanut Butter Brownies
"This was SO yummy. We had a hard time waiting for the peanut butter to harden so our topping was not as smooth as I would have liked. Next time, I need to make it when the teenagers are not home and drooling. The smell truly was heavenly and the taste was too. Definitely worth keeping and baking again soon! (To answer an earlier question; baking soda nor baking powder was needed.)"
"I made these a birthday treat for my office and my co-workers practically inhaled them. They are very rich and decadent but pretty easy. When they say medium low heat for the marshmallow layer, they mean it. I turned mine down pretty low after my first attempt separated."
"I took these to a cookout over the holiday weekend and they were such a hit. I would definitely make them again. Yummy"
"What an outstanding recipe! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us, but we went through them so quickly that I wished I would've made a whole batch! I can't wait to make them again!"
"So tasty! A little time consuming, but completely worth the wait!"
"Very good brownies, had to try them, when I saw it called for large marshmallows in the frosting."
"OMG! These brownies are fabulous. What a hit at my cookout."