Layered Chocolate Coconut Dessert Bars
I've been a "chocoholic" ever since I was a child, and I love trying new chocolate recipes. This one wins raves from everyone who tries it.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (7 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool. Combine coconut and milk; spread over crust. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; spread over top. Allow to set before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 113 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Coconut Bars in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.