Layered Cheese Spread
I tried this appetizer at bridge club and thought it was so attractive, not to mention delicious! It's nice to have a different way to serve a cheese spread.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Assorted crackers
- Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap. In a large bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, sour cream, green pepper and hot pepper sauce. Spread into prepared pan; sprinkle with parsley; Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In another large bowl, combine the ham, pineapple, cream cheese and ginger. Spread over cheese layer in pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Invert onto a serving platter; serve with crackers.