Pears are one of my favorite fruit so having them featured in this dessert is perfect. My family is delighted when I serve this dessert.—Darlia Schaefer, Lincoln, Arkansas
Recommended: 44 of Our Most Gooey Caramel Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 2-1/4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Additional caramel ice cream topping, optional
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour until blended. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and caramel topping until smooth. Spread evenly into crust. Arrange pear slices over filling. Combine the pecans, sugar, cinnamon and apple pie spice; sprinkle over pears.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°; bake 12-16 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Remove sides of pan before slicing. Drizzle with additional caramel topping if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Layered Caramel-Pear Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p136
Reviews forLayered Caramel-Pear Tart
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2010
"My kids loved this. It makes a great tart. Pears make it special."