This fabulous dessert has the magical flavor of candy canes plus the bonus of an Oreo cookie crust. And it looks like a winter wonderland. —Dawn Kreuser, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Recommended: 50 Vintage Desserts Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed candy canes (about 7 regular size), divided
- 2 packages (3.3 ounces each) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2-3/4 cups cold 2% milk
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter; pulse just until combined. Press onto bottom of a 13x9-in. dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping and 1/2 cup crushed candies. Spread over crust.
- Whisk pudding mix and milk 2 minutes; spread over cream cheese layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours. Sprinkle with remaining candies just before serving. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Layered Candy Cane Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p35