- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, nuts, oil and egg; mix until crumbly. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a saucepan, combine milk, chocolate chips and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Stir in vanilla. Spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool before cutting. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forLayered Brownies
"These were very easy to make and very good. Don't rely on a toothpick test to tell if they are done though as the center is very gooey and will set as they cool."