Layered Blue Cheese Spread
This is an attractive and tasty spread to present guests at holiday parties. Serve it with crackers or even vegetable dippers.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sour cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Assorted breads or crackers
- On a serving plate, spread two packages of cream cheese into an 8-in. circle. In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, 1/4 cup sour cream, parsley, cilantro, chives and pepper until blended. Spread over cream cheese layer to within 1/2 in. of the edges.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Spread over blue cheese layer to within 1 in. of the edges. Sprinkle with walnuts just before serving. Serve with breads or crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 103 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Layered Cheese Appetizer in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.