Layered Blue Cheese Spread
This is an attractive and tasty spread to present guests at holiday parties. Serve it with crackers or even vegetable dippers. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sour cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Assorted breads or crackers
- On a serving plate, spread two packages of cream cheese into an 8-in. circle. In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, 1/4 cup sour cream, parsley, cilantro, chives and pepper until blended. Spread over cream cheese layer to within 1/2 in. of the edges.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Spread over blue cheese layer to within 1 in. of the edges. Sprinkle with walnuts just before serving. Serve with breads or crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 103 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Layered Cheese Appetizer in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.