- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2.3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 4 to 6 firm bananas, sliced
- Chopped Walnuts, optional
- In a medium saucepan, combine the flour and brown sugar, stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more. Remove from the heat. Gradually stir about 1 cup hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Fold in the whipped cream. Layer a third of the pudding in a 2-qt. glass bowl; top with half of the bananas. Repeat layers. top with remaining pudding. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Cover and chill at lest 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLayered Banana Pudding
"Just plain old fashioned comfort food at it's best!!"
"Have tried many banana pudding recipes trying to find the "right one". This one is my favorite."
"Wonderful banana pudding recipe. My family loves it! I have been making it for quite a few years now! Getting ready to make one now:) Yum!!"
"I and a very experienced cook with a taste for very good food. I have been making this for almost a decade. I got it from my MaMaw's ToH duiring a visit. This pudding is to die for! It is a must during every holiday meal. Once I dropped it on the floor and we still ate it!!! That is how amazing it is. Even my husband from Mobile AL says it's the very best he has ever had and pleads to have it made when his family visits. He loves to brag on my cooking and this is his favorite desert I make. We are southerners so we know Nana Puddin. This is hands down the very best you will ever taste. I add shortbread cookies to mine. Let it sit overnight for the very best pudding experience of you life."
"This is positively the best Banana Pudding I've tasted! It is a little labor intensive but well, well worth it! I had layers of vanilla wafers for my hubby."
"This is the most delicious banana pudding I have ever tried. I've made it for friends and they have asked for the recipe. Making it is time consuming, but the results are worth it."