Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes50 servings (about 1 cup each)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh spinach, torn
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large bunches romaine, torn
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- In two 5-qt. bowls, layer spinach, eggs, bacon, mushrooms, romaine and onion. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper; spread evenly over the salads. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and chill 12-24 hours. Just before serving, add peas and toss.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 126 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2011
I made half the recipe, to test it. It's very good. I liked everything in this recipe: two kinds of greens, cooked eggs, bacon, the lemon dressing... It's similar to a Seven Layered Salad recipe that I have, but different enough to keep for a change of pace. I plan to take this salad to a family gathering. I'll have the peas on the side, not everyone cares for peas. Again, I'll only make half the recipe, which will be enough for us.