VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Add the flour, almonds, lavender and lemon peel; beat until crumbly. Pat into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a another small mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking soda, eggs and lemon juice; beat until frothy. Pour over hot crust. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Lavender Lemon Bars in Backyard Living January/February 2005, p64
Reviews forLavender Lemon Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review