Lattice Sausage Pie
I often serve this hearty egg dish to family and friends for special occasions. They just rave over the flavor. Crescent rolls make a tasty, easy crust. -Jennifer Polk, Lincoln, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 12 ounces pork sausage links, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Unroll one tube of crescent roll dough; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 11x7-in. baking dish to form a crust. Seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle sausage over crust.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add the mushrooms. Spoon over sausage. Top with cheeses and pimientos. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder; pour over all.
- Unroll remaining dough; seal seams and perforations. Cut into 1/2-in. lengthwise strips. Use strips to form a lattice crust on top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 368 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 1009mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Lattice Sausage Pie in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.