Lattice Fruit Bars
These attractive bars make a beautiful addition to any table. I like the fact that one batch goes a long way.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Combine eggs and vanilla; stir into crumb mixture until blended. Cover and refrigerate a fourth of the dough for at least 45 minutes.
- Press remaining dough into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread 1/4 cup apricot preserves in a 1-3/4-in. strip over one long side of crust. Spread 1/4 cup of raspberry preserves in a 1-3/4-in. strip adjoining the apricot strip. Repeat twice.
- Roll out reserved dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 1/2-in. strips; make a lattice top. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 121 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Lattice Fruit Bars in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.