- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (7-3/4 ounces) lasagna dinner mix
- 5 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add contents of lasagna dinner sauce mix, water, tomatoes, corn and Parmesan cheese; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the lasagna noodles and zucchini. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forLasagna Soup
"We absolutely loved this soup and so easy to prepare! I used a boxed lasagna dinner from Aldi's and it worked fine. I used about a cup of frozen sweet corn instead of the canned and then added a tad more water. We got two meals out of it. First go-round, we had with french bread and finished off the soup with some grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches. I wouldn't change a thing....it's a wonderful hearty soup as is and I am glad to have found the recipe!"
"Exccellent hearty soup!"
"I prepared this soup last night and both my husband and I declared it a winner and thumbs up. It is easy to prepare and quick, too. I used a yellow squash as that is all I had and it substituted perfectly. I thought it was a little bland so added salt and pepper and definitely pass the Parmesan cheese as that makes it! Here is a link to my review with photos.http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/t/890181.aspx"
"I have been making this recipe for years. Actually since TOH first issued it in their magazine. We love it! AND it is so easy!"
"We really liked this. My husband isn't a soup guy, but has asked for this several times, so must be good. I only used 1/2 pound of beef, seemed to be enough and increased the water to 6 cups. I also added a tsp. of Italian Seasoning. I think I'll try to do half water/half beef broth next time for more flavor. I'm not big on boxed meals, but I now keep a box or two of Lasagna Hamburger Helper in the cupboard."
"I have been making this since it was first published in 1999 and have passed it on to many others. It is delicious and soooo easy and most of the ingredients I always have on hand. I use a can of zucchini in tomato sauce when I do not have fresh zucchini on hand."
"This was decent but has room for improvement. I made this with the Velveeta Lasagna dinner mix instead because I don't like Hamburger Helper. I also added taco seasoning for additional flavor because with all the water it was hard to taste the seasoning from the lasagna dinner mix alone. I also topped each serving with some sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese and served with corn muffins. I believe next time I will try using only two cups of water along with one or two cups of beef broth."