- 1/3 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 cups 4% cottage cheese, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes, salt, oregano and cayenne; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon half of the meat sauce into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley and onion powder; spread 1/4 cupful on each noodle. Carefully roll up and place seam side down over meat sauce. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forLasagna Roll Ups
"I made this for my fiance and his friends after a long day of skiing. Rave reviews from all!"
"Although this recipe was easyto make, it was dry and did not have a good taste. My grandchildren love lasagna but did not eat this because it did not taste good."
"This recipe was so good and easy to follow. Thanks!"
"This was such a delicious recipe and my husband and I liked it so much better then the traditional lasagna. You can do half the strips for little ones. Will for sure make these again!!"
"This is a good, fast weekday alternative to making traditional lasagna. We're adding it to our rotation."