This recipe is a product of three different recipes and a little imagination. Even the picky eaters in my family enjoy slices of this meat loaf. It tastes like lasagna without the noodles. - Bobbie Croker, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan. In a bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Spread over loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with topping ingredients. Bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 393 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 801mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Lasagna Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.