Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian-style tomato sauce
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a bowl, combine egg, spinach and cottage cheese; set aside. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer half of the tomato sauce, noodles, spinach mixture, eggs and mozzarella. Repeat layers. Combine the crumbs, Parmesan, butter and garlic; sprinkle over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 291 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 264mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 27, 2016
This was SO good. When I served it to my husband he said "Wow! This looks like something you'd get at a fancy restaurant!" And of course that made me smile. Some changes I made: I didn't have an 11x7, so I used a 8x8 pan I had, which worked fine. Instead of cottage cheese, I used ricotta. I used the oven-ready lasagna noodles (the same amount that's specified in the recipe). Also, I accidentally bought only half the amount of tomato sauce. In my fridge I had some leftover traditional tomato basil pasta sauce though. I used them together and I think the pasta sauce was better than the tomato. Next time I will just use pasta sauce. I used shredded Italian cheese mix and Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Served with some garlic bread.Update: I tried it again tonight with just pasta sauce instead of the tomato sauce. This was a mistake. The pasta sauce was thicker than the tomato sauce, so it took longer to cook. Also, it the lasagna was more dry because of this. Next time I'll do half tomato sauce, half pasta sauce. That seems to be the winning combination.
Jun 10, 2013
Look fwd. to making...soon. We're empty nesters, so will make only half of this. We're bnoth spinach lovers, and this is one way to enjoy the bounty! May very well not use the egg topping. K.
Feb 20, 2011
Very delicious. And I left in the boiled eggs and loved it. So did my two year old. No complaints here!
Jan 19, 2011
I will leave out the boiled eggs !