You don't need to precook the noodles in this variation of an Italian classic, so it's perfect for the family during the week and for guests on the weekend.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and cream cheese; set aside. In another bowl, combine the next six ingredients; set aside.
- Place 2 lasagna noodles in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with half the cottage cheese mixture and a third of the broccoli mixture. Repeat layers of noodles, cheese and broccoli. Top with 2 noodles, chicken and remaining broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Pour boiling water around edges of dish.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes. Leave covered and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 340 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Lasagna Deluxe in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.