You don't need to precook the noodles in this variation of an Italian classic, so it's perfect for the family during the week and for guests on the weekend.
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Mushroom Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and cream cheese; set aside. In another bowl, combine the next six ingredients; set aside.
- Place two lasagna noodles in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with half the cottage cheese mixture and a third of the broccoli mixture. Repeat layers of noodles, cheese and broccoli. Top with two noodles, chicken and remaining broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Pour boiling water around edges of dish.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes. Leave covered and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lasagna Deluxe in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p72
Reviews forLasagna Deluxe
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2013
"Just didn't like this."