- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, basil, fennel and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, parsley and salt. Drain noodles and rinse in cold water. Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles, 2 cups meat sauce, 2/3 cup ricotta cheese mixture, 2/3 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forLasagna Deliziosa
"This is so delicious! Best lasagna I've had. It's my go to recipe for company."
"I didn't precook the noodles so I added a cup of water to the sauce. It still could have used a little more sauce. I couldn't find mild Italian turkey sausage so I used hot and it worked great. I left out the fennel. I would actually give the recipe a 4.5 because it is a little costly for meat and all the cheese and it took me about an hour to get it in the oven, but my family of 4 really enjoyed it. It was large enough for two dinners. I'm going to make it again this weekend and freeze it in two batches for weeknight dinners."
"my first time making lasagna and it was completely awesome - plan to make it again and again"
"My first time ever making lasagna, and I found this recipe. It was a total hit!! Now, whenever family comes to visit, they make sure to request I make it."
"Awesome family dish!"
"I've never made or cooked lasagna before and this turned out great. Delicious, my family and kids loved it too. I'll definitely make it again."
"The longer this lasagna sat in the fridge, it just got better and better. It's a bit dry, so I put a couple of spoonfuls of store bought tomato-basil spaghetti sauce on top for my 84 year old father before serving it. He has been raving about how this is the best lasagna he has ever eaten. He wants me to make this part of his meals that I deliver each week."