Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, basil, fennel and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, parsley and salt. Drain noodles and rinse in cold water. Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles, 2 cups meat sauce, 2/3 cup ricotta cheese mixture, 2/3 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 323 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 701mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 3, 2018
My rectum got raided after eating this dish. 1 star.
Apr 3, 2018
I made this lasagna in my chemistry class for my RFP Project. This jaunt dry af and got me an E on my project. Like bruh i dont got more than 5 dollars to spend and yall making me go over my budget. Furthermore tf is a fennel seed like i aint never heard of that where do i get that. This lasagna was definitely not deliziosa it was muy mal like deadass it tasted like some cheeks
Apr 3, 2018
I tried making it and got my genitalia stuck in a toaster. The instructions were very unclear and I am severely injured while writing this review. Also this was seriously dry, drier than my Saturday nights eating pizza. I thought this would help me get girls, but now i can't even sit comfortably.
Dec 4, 2016
This is so delicious! Best lasagna I've had. It's my go to recipe for company.
Apr 30, 2016
Jan 17, 2015
I didn't precook the noodles so I added a cup of water to the sauce. It still could have used a little more sauce. I couldn't find mild Italian turkey sausage so I used hot and it worked great. I left out the fennel. I would actually give the recipe a 4.5 because it is a little costly for meat and all the cheese and it took me about an hour to get it in the oven, but my family of 4 really enjoyed it. It was large enough for two dinners. I'm going to make it again this weekend and freeze it in two batches for weeknight dinners.
Jan 4, 2015
my first time making lasagna and it was completely awesome - plan to make it again and again
Dec 20, 2014
My first time ever making lasagna, and I found this recipe. It was a total hit!! Now, whenever family comes to visit, they make sure to request I make it.
Nov 25, 2014
Oct 27, 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.