- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Vanilla rum, optional
- Heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional cinnamon stick, optional
- Heat the first five ingredients over medium heat in a small saucepan just until mixture comes to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Remove cinnamon stick; add rum if desired. Pour into a mug; top with whipped cream. Garnish with cinnamon stick if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forLandmark Hot Chocolate
"OMG this is SO good - used 1/2 & 1/2 since I didn't have any heavy cream and a 1.3 oz bar of Hershey Special Dark. I also added just a pinch of salt to pop the chocolate (no rum!). It was so rich and thick I can't image what it would be like made with heavy cream. This is going to be my new special treat."