Teresa Lay of Elkhart, Indiana creates two flavor sensations in one easy recipe. Basting with lime and curry adds a flavor flourish to these impressive kabobs that you don’t want to miss!
Recommended: 57 Recipes with Fresh Herbs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless pork loin chop (6 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cubes fresh pineapple (1-inch)
- 1 medium plum, quartered
- 6 cubes papaya (1-inch)
- 4 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, pineapple and plum. On two additional skewers, alternately thread papaya and shrimp. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; set aside.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until pork juices run clear and shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with lime mixture and turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Land and Sea Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p11