Lamb With Sauteed Veggies Recipe
My parents raised sheep for more than 30 years, so I have several lamb recipes. Not only are these chops tender, but they cook quickly. While the lamb broils, I saute zucchini and red pepper to accompany it. People always comment on this great combination. —Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, mustard, vinegar, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside 1 tablespoon. Place the lamb chops on a broiler pan. Spread remaining mustard mixture over both sides of chops. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the red pepper, zucchini and onion in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Stir in reserved mustard mixture; toss to coat. Serve with lamb chops. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 255 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Lamb With Sauteed Veggies
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC