Scott Beatrice of Lakeland, Florida dresses up lamb chops with a wonderful fruity sauce. "I enjoy cooking and surprising my wife, Chrissy, with creative dishes like this one," says Scott.
Recommended: 55 Labor Day Grilling Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 3/4 cup finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple
- 2 tablespoons white grape juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 lamb loin chops (1 to 1-1/2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- Place raspberries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain and discard seeds; transfer puree to a small saucepan. Stir in the cucumber, apple, grape juice and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until cucumber and apple are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add lamb chops. Cook, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with raspberry sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lamb with Raspberry Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p19