Lamb Ratatouille Recipe
"This quick-and-easy recipe is a great way to use up leftover lamb - and so good, your family will never guess it's a second-day dish," assures Maxine Cenker of Weirton, West Virginia. "It's also good with beef," she adds.
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) beef-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 pound cooked lamb or beef, cut into thin strips
- 1. Set rice seasoning packet aside. In a large skillet, saute the rice mix in butter until browned. Stir in water and contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute vegetables in oil until crisp-tender. Add lamb and vegetables to the rice. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 369 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Lamb Ratatouille
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC