"This quick-and-easy recipe is a great way to use up leftover lamb - and so good, your family will never guess it's a second-day dish," assures Maxine Cenker of Weirton, West Virginia. "It's also good with beef," she adds.
Recommended: 30 Fresh Ways to Use Up Zucchini
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) beef-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound cooked lamb or beef, cut into thin strips
- Set rice seasoning packet aside. In a large skillet, saute the rice mix in butter until browned. Stir in water and contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute vegetables in oil until crisp-tender. Add lamb and vegetables to the rice. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lamb Ratatouille in Quick Cooking December 2000, p33
Reviews forLamb Ratatouille
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review