Lamb Chops with Mint Stuffing
This recipe really represents my area of the country-Jefferson is the "Mint Capital of the World", and a lot of lambs are raised in our valley.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped and packed
- 4 cups white or brown bread, torn in 3/4-in. pieces
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 8 shoulder lamb chops
- 4 teaspoons creme de menthe, optional
- Saute onion and celery in butter. Stir together with mint and bread. Season with salt and pepper. Add egg; mix lightly.
- Place lamb in a shallow baking dish; brush with creme de menthe if desired. Pile stuffing on top of chops. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Originally published as Lamb Chops with Mint Stuffing in Country April/May 1990
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.