VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped and packed
- 4 cups white or brown bread, torn in 3/4-in. pieces
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 8 shoulder lamb chops
- 4 teaspoons creme de menthe, optional
- Saute onion and celery in butter. Stir together with mint and bread. Season with salt and pepper. Add egg; mix lightly.
- Place lamb in a shallow baking dish; brush with creme de menthe if desired. Pile stuffing on top of chops. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lamb Chops with Mint Stuffing in Country April/May 1990, p47