Lamb & Chicken Kabobs
"In summer, I fire up the grill and toss on these great kabobs," says Weda Mosellie of Phillipsburg, New Jersey. "In the winter, I use my trusty indoor grill."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 ounces sirloin lamb roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (5 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large portobello mushroom, quartered
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the lamb, chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil and basil; set aside.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink, basting frequently with lemon mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 332 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Lamb & Chicken Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.