Lamb and Potato Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds lean lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- 1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 250° for 3-4 hours or until tender. Remove bay leaves before serving. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 266 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Lamb and Potato Stew
"I would make this recipe again and again it's so good"