My family loves lamb, but I find very few recipes that use it. I picked this one up at the fair and make it quite often. Bake a pan of biscuits...and you have a complete meal!
Recommended: 43 Ways to Make Classic Irish Food at Home
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds lean lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until tender. Discard bay leaves before serving. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Lamb and Potato Stew in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p47
Reviews forLamb and Potato Stew
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2013
"I would make this recipe again and again it's so good"