Lamb and Potato Stew
My family loves lamb, but I find very few recipes that use it. I picked this one up at the fair and make it quite often. Bake a pan of biscuits...and you have a complete meal!
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 pounds lean lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until tender. Discard bay leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 266 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Lamb and Potato Stew in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.