During the busy holiday season, you'll want to stock your pantry with the ingredients for this fast and festive dessert from Gloria Aegerter. "This trifle is easy to make," reports the Summerfield, Florida cook. "It looks so pretty in a glass bowl-people will think you fussed."
Recommended: 28 Easy No-Bake Summer Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers
- 1 can (21 ounces) dark cherry pie filling or filling of your choice
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Split ladyfingers; arrange on the bottom and around the edge of a 2-qt. serving bowl (about 8-in. diameter). Pour cream cheese mixture into bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, spoon pie filling over cream cheese mixture. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ladyfinger Trifle in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p57