- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Pour milk into a small metal mixing bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Line the sides of a 9-in. springform pan with ladyfingers; set aside. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in orange juice. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice and peel; cool to room temperature.
- Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm. Spread with whipped topping. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forLadyfinger Lemon Dessert
"I couldn't find Ladyfingers anywhere. Going to make it with Veinna Fingers instead and see how it turns out. Advise on where to find Ladyfingers? I went to 5 different stores. Rite aide, Walmart, Albertsons, Vons and CVS. No luck at any of them. Will rerate it once I see how well it tastes looking for ingredient was hard. :-) I am thinking I did something wrong along the way. I poured into my spring pan and as I was rinsing my bowl I turned around to find it leaking all over my counter. Needless to say it didn't set since it was the jello part that seeped out."
"I used a sugar free lemon pound cake instead of lady fingers because I could not find lady fingers. I also used sugar free lemon Jello. So the only sugar I used was what it called for. This made an almost sugar free and legal for diabetics. Every one loved it and I made it 3 times in less than a week. Great!!!!!"
"I made this dessert and wanted to share it, and my husband said "No ". I did anyway. Sooo Good!"
"Very light and fluffy and such a wonderful lemon flavor!!!! Will make again and again!"
"I made this recipe and the taste was great, but I found the centre to be too soft (on the second day) and the remainder was falling off the Ladyfingers...Any suggestions?? I use all the ingredients as directed."
"Loved it. My bunco group all wanted the receipe."
"Super recipe which I made lighter by using sugar free lemon gelatin and light topping. This would even be great made in a mold and without the ladyfingers."
"This was wonderful! Very refreshing and a big hit with my family. Will certainly make this again!"
"Can't find soft ladyfingers"