Lacy Oat Sandwich Wafers Recipe
These cookies appear on my table for various special occasions. I'm often asked for the recipe, so I'm sure to have a few copies on hand. —Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, vanilla or white chips, melted
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in the oats, sugar, flour, milk and corn syrup; mix well.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely; peel cookies off paper or foil. Spread melted chocolate on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 221 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Lacy Oat Sandwich Wafers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC