Lacy Oat Sandwich Wafers
These cookies appear on my table for various special occasions. I'm often asked for the recipe, so I'm sure to have a few copies on hand. —Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, vanilla or white chips, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in the oats, sugar, flour, milk and corn syrup; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely; peel cookies off paper or foil. Spread melted chocolate on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 221 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Lacy Oat Sandwich Wafers in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001