Lacy Fruit Cups with Sabayon Sauce
This fruity dessert from our Test Kitchen is a refreshing change of pace from other heavy holiday desserts.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup rose or marsala wine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium blood oranges or tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in flour. Fold in pecans and vanilla.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 30-60 seconds. Working quickly, peel cookies off paper and immediately drape over inverted 6-oz. custard cups; cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg yolks, wine and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Divide the grapefruit, oranges and berries among cookie cups; top with sauce.
Editor's Note: If the cookies become firm before they are draped over custard cups, warm them on the baking sheet for 1 minute to soften.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 234 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.