Lace Cookies with Chocolate Middles Recipe
Melted chocolate sandwiched between two golden and slightly crisp oatmeal cookies makes for a delicious spin on traditional oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on pans before carefully removing to wire racks.
- 4. Spread melted chocolate on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen sandwich cookies.
1 each: 152 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Lace Cookies with Chocolate Middles
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC