Kumquat Refrigerator Pie
Fluffy, tart and sweet, this kumquat pie will have everyone loving these tiny citrus gems. Henrietta Brumbaugh, Hiawassee, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 pound kumquats
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 frozen pie shell, baked
- Fresh mint leaves and additional kumquats, optional
- Rinse kumquats; cut in half and remove seeds. Place in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain, discarding skins and pulp.
- In a large bowl, beat the puree with milk and lemon juice until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Transfer to pie shell. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Garnish with mint and additional kumquats if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 392 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Kumquat Refrigerator Pie in Taste of Home December/January 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.