Kris Humphries’ Mom’s Small Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 86 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 14, 2015
I thought the recipe was missing something. After making 1 inch balls, you can't flatten them. They are definitely missing something!!! Help.
Jan 5, 2012
I love shortbread and I love chocolate - this recipe combines both deliciously!
Dec 21, 2011
Rose is right - this is a shortbread cookie. No leavener necessary.
Dec 21, 2011
This cookie does not require baking soda or baking powder. Ive made these cookies 5 times already and they come out perfect every time...they are a butter cookie...NOT a tollhouse. Delish!!!!! My families new favorite cookie!!!!
Dec 16, 2011
I also keep checking the menu. I finally realized that it's missing baking soda, so I added 1 tsp.
Dec 12, 2011
This cookie is not good. I kept checking the recipe to see if there had been a mistake.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.