Kris Humphries’ Mom’s Small Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forKris Humphries’ Mom’s Small Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies
"I thought the recipe was missing something. After making 1 inch balls, you can't flatten them. They are definitely missing something!!! Help."
"I love shortbread and I love chocolate - this recipe combines both deliciously!"
"Rose is right - this is a shortbread cookie. No leavener necessary."
"I also keep checking the menu. I finally realized that it's missing baking soda, so I added 1 tsp."
"This cookie is not good. I kept checking the recipe to see if there had been a mistake."