Korean Pulled Pork Tacos
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (4-5 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, optional
- 20 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Thinly sliced green onions and additional chili sauce, optional
- Whisk together first eight ingredients. Place roast in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour soy sauce mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low until pork is tender, 8-10 hours.
- About 1 hour before serving, mix first five slaw ingredients until blended. Place coleslaw mix in a large bowl; toss with dressing and, if desired, sesame seeds. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Remove roast; skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks; return to slow cooker and heat through. Serve in tortillas with slaw. If desired, serve with green onions and additional chili sauce. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pork mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water or broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 603 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 1177mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 24, 2018
Converted for instant pot by searing meat, deglazing pot with sauce, then adding meat and cooking for 90 minutes at standard pressure. Yummy!!
Jul 9, 2017
I used just the sauce ingredients (omitting the water, and cutting the soy sauce down to a tablespoon) as a sauce for leftover roast pork, letting it rest for half an hour to thicken before spooning some on. It was excellent! I would not have thought to use cocoa, but it added a great color and a subtle complexity.
May 17, 2017
Outstanding recipe! I reduced the soy sauce mixture ingredients by half and used a 1-1/2# boneless pork tenderloin. Thanks for sharing. Yum!
Apr 23, 2017
I bought carnitas that were already cooked & I made this on the stove instead of with a slow cooker. Wow, this is delicious!