Kohlrabi with Honey Butter
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound kohlrabi (4 to 5 small), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lemon slices
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water, kohlrabi and carrot to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the chives, lemon juice, butter, honey, lemon peel and pepper; mix well. Drain vegetables and transfer to a serving bowl. Add honey butter and toss to coat. Garnish with lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 77 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Aug 5, 2011
Also new to Kohlrabi - great recipe. I have it growing in my garden - where can it be purchased? So far none of our markets have it.
Jul 1, 2010
This was my first experience with kohlrabi - both cooking and eating it. My husband and I both enjoyed it and are ready to try another recipe. Thank you!