- 1 pound kohlrabi (4 to 5 small), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lemon slices
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water, kohlrabi and carrot strips to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine the chives, lemon juice, butter, honey, lemon peel and pepper; mix well. Drain vegetables; add honey butter and toss to coat. Garnish with lemon slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forKohlrabi with Honey Butter
"Also new to Kohlrabi - great recipe. I have it growing in my garden - where can it be purchased? So far none of our markets have it."
"This was my first experience with kohlrabi - both cooking and eating it. My husband and I both enjoyed it and are ready to try another recipe. Thank you!"