Kiwi has a distinct sweet-tart taste that's like no other fruit. My husband and I grow it on vines that look like giant grapevines. Not only is it delicious, it's high in Vitamin C and potassium. Kiwifruit danish are an easy, attractive treat.—Debbie Shick, McFarland, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- Unroll crescent roll dough and shape into eight triangles with equal sides. Combine the cream cheese, egg yolk, sugar and extract. Place 1 tablespoonful cream cheese mixture in center of each triangle; top each with a kiwi slice. Pull points of triangle to center and pinch to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Heat jam. Top each Danish with another kiwi slice; brush with jam.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 160 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Kiwifruit Danish in Taste of Home Premiere 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.